Tips of Vacuum Casting Process Creatingway
Now, there is lots of high requirement or high standard project like auto lighting lamp, or the others industry asks high transparency material like PC, etc, when we use additionally machining process like CNC machining, or currently fashionable 3D Printing with SLA process, But these machining process can’t make your projects or parts with high transparency or high efficient under a tight budget. Here, the Vacuum casting prototype manufacturing will be a better choice for both. Today, Creatingway will introduce brief knowledge to you.
What’s The Vacuum Casting Process?
Vacuum Casting Process, This is an additional casting manufacturing process for elastomers that employs a Sand mold from which moisture is drawn by introducing a vacuum. This method is essential in scenarios where trapped air is a problem; there are undercuts or where the final product has intricate details. In this casting method, the mold’s internal cavity holds the shape of the cast product using forces resulting from a vacuum. The technology was developed by the Japanese. The use of vacuum and unbounded sand is a good substitute for permanent molds and the die casting process. Consequently, its products are of high quality.
What kind of Materials for Vacuum Casting Process?
A wide range of materials can be used by designers based on the intended end product which is based on its thermal, mechanical, and physical properties. The materials used include:
- Rubber which has high flexibility. It is ideal for the manufacture of gaskets and seals because it is tear-resistant. Consequently, the material is widely used in the industry chiefly in the manufacture of replicated products. On top of this, it is cheap and widely available.
- ABS that has high strength and rigidity.
- Polyamide or glass-filled nylon that has high rigidity.
- Propylene or High-Density Propylene that have high elasticity.
- Polycarbonate has high shock resistance, resistance to high and low temperatures, and appealing translucent nature.
- PMMA has high-temperature resistance and shock resistance.
Which Industries for Vacuum Casting process?
Vacuum casting is a very versatile method of manufacturing. Consequently, this technique has varied and rich applications. Moreover, the
the method can be used to cast components made from both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Design engineers utilize this casting method in:
- Production of quality prototypes for product design and verification
- Small batches of bespoke products
- Automotive industry in specialized manufacture
- Nylon components for a range of grades
- Wax masters that are of high quality and which are used for investment casting
- Pharmaceutical and medical field
- food production
- Telecommunications industry
What Advantage of Vacuum Casting Process?
- The products produced by this method are of high quality. For instance, the products from this process have a consistent thickness and the products
have high dimensional accuracy.
- The products have a high aesthetic appeal due to excellent surface finish and lack of surface defects which are mainly caused by moisture. On top
of this, the process allows for the addition of color pigments to the vacuum chamber as well as resins thus the final product has a unique color. Also, powders can be mixed with resins to give different finishes such as coatings of gold, aluminum, bronze, and marble.
- The manufacturing process is economical, clean, and environmentally friendly thus the method does not affect the environment.
- The process can be used to manufacture parts with unusual shapes or those whose thickness is small.
What Disadvantages of Vacuum Casting Process?
The silicone mold used in the process can only be utilized for a maximum of twenty prototypes. Since they deform afterward which distorts the shape and size of the product consequently, the manufacturer incurs the cost of buying these molds. On top of this, the lifetime of the silicone tool is restricted to up to 3 months.
What Finishing or Coating for Vacuum Casting Process?
In the vacuum casting process, the pattern is coated with flexible plastic. This layer of plastic usually expands when the vacuum is removed from the mold thus enabling the molding pattern to be removed easily. On top of this, it controls the heat transfer and also facilitates the flow of material. Consequently, the castings are removed easily and the patterns are never damaged which means that they can repeatedly be used and the surface appearance of casting is of high quality.
Creatingway is concentrated on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, provide you the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: