The Function Of The Hydraulic Filling Valve and the Faults
Do you know what kind of equipment we install the filling valve on? We mainly use it in the four-column hydraulic press. The following small series will cover the specifics in detail. In addition, the filling valve of the four-column hydraulic press may sometimes fail, and you need to know the common failures? Follow this small series to learn how to solve them.
The Functions Of the Liquid Filling Valve In The Four-column Hydraulic Press
The filling valve structure of the four-column hydraulic press has two functions
- When the weight of the movable beam goes down, it generates a vacuum in the upper chamber of the cylinder, and the filling valve is opened up. The tank’s oil flows into the upper chamber of the main cylinder through the filling valve to fill its deficiency.
- When the movable beam returns quickly, it discharges the oil in the upper chamber of the cylinder is quickly into the tank through the liquid filling valve.
The hydraulic filling valve functions as the suction and discharge valve between the hydraulic cylinder and the oil tank. Flange-type filling valve body volume is usually small. We can directly weld or fix it with the flange to ensure proper oil flow and no leakage. The maximum flow is achievable in the movable beam (also known as the slider) during the rapid downward movement causing the pressure loss of the valve.
Common Faults And Analysis of Liquid Filling Valve
The common faults of the filling valve of the four-column hydraulic press are
- Rapid oil discharge
- Large hydraulic impact
- A large amount of oil leakage
- Failure to reach the specified pressure value when pressurizing
Rapid Oil Discharge And High Hydraulic Impact
This problem happens when the maintenance personnel set the lower limit of the electric contact pressure gauge to 4mpa. When the pressure in the cavity drops to the set value, the electric contact pressure gauge will immediately send a message and open the liquid filling valve. The effect is that the hydraulic oil under pressure in the cavity suddenly drains, causing hydraulic shock. We set the lower limit of the electric contact pressure gauge at about zero pressure to eliminate hydraulic shock.
In fact, for both ordinary and pioneering filling valves, we first remove the pressure when it is discharging oil quickly. Otherwise, it will produce a lot of hydraulic impacts. However, due to its own pressure relief device, the pilot filling valve can reduce the hydraulic impact to a certain extent. Be sure to understand the best-operating conditions for the filling valve before servicing it.
Two, when it is in rapid oil discharge, there will be a sound of high-speed liquid impact in the tank. When the system oil temperature rises fast, it rushes into the oil tank through the thick hose connecting it to the aluminum pipe clamp lock. This action may result in serious oil leakage.
- To meet the current production needs, we can adjust the auxiliary cylinder the speed to 30~40 mm/s. The resultant debugging effect is very good, but it may lower the efficiency of production.
- You can immediately choose to buy a large diameter liquid filling valve. The filling valve with a diameter of d1=63mm or so can meet the service conditions of the filling valve, and its effect is ideal after installation. The hydraulic system designers must understand its technical performance when choosing the type of filling valve so as to achieve reasonable matching of parameters.
- when pressurizing, do not reach the specified pressure value.
This kind of situation may preliminarily arise from the lax sealing of the liquid filling valve. Under normal circumstances, the main spool in the spring force can lift its lower slope and the body edge of the formation of line contact. In the case of hydraulic cylinder pressure, you can further increase the pressure of the spool and the body so that the seal is more reliable.
After repairing the seat and re-cleaning the entire hydraulic system, you need to perform a test run to ensure the levels return to normal. Such a phenomenon may be due to some hard sundries in the oil. This shows the importance of oil cleanliness.
By now, you know the main role of the four-column hydraulic machine filling valve and common faults and its. You can contact us if you need further clarification.
Creatingway concentrates on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, providing you with the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome to visit us, For any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: