POM Material CNC Machining Parts Creatingway
POM is one material that thermoplastic crystalline polymer. It is called “super steel” or “sai steel”, for short “POM”.
And for now, the cost of POM which is less than the others engineering plastic, and is replacing some of traditionally metal materials to machining the precision conpoments. Such as: Aluminum, Brass, Steel and Zinc etc. Since its advent, POM has been widely used in electronic electrical, mechanical, instrument, daily light industry, automobile, building materials, agriculture and so on. In many new areas, such as medical technology and sports equipment, POM has also shown better growth.
Advantage of POM material CNC Machining parts.
- High mechanical strength and rigidity;
- Highest fatigue strength;
- Environmental resistance and organic solvability strong
- Widely used temperature range (- 40 ℃ ~ 120 ℃)
- Good electrical properties& insulation
- Good lubrication and abrasion
- Good resilience
- Dimensional stability
Disadvantage of POM material CNC Machining parts.
- Easy shrinkage or deformation
- Poor corrosion resistance and adhesion
- Poor heat stability
In General, POM material might be encountered the following deformations during the production progress:
- The deformation caused by clamping
- The deformation caused by overheating
- When machining, the tool and material can produce lots of heat because of friction. But the POM has poor heat resistance, and which is very sensitivity for heat, so it is easy deformation.
- Elastic deformation
- It is more difficult to machining than the others material like ABS, Nylon, PEEK, Aluminum, Stainless Steel.
The POM is an elastic material which is very resilient. When cutting, the parts that are exposed to the tool will be deformed by the elasticity of the material, when the tool is gone, the area of the cutting will be caused some deformation automatically.
How to effectively control the size of POM CNC Machining parts and avoiding the deformation or reduce deformation. As one professional Precision CNC Machining manufacturer, Creatingway will get you the best choice and proposals on this.
Of course, at Creatingway, we can provide more metal and plastis materials CNC machining services, provide you secondary finishing too, easy working out, excellent quality. Welcome visit our more materter sheet guide.
Any questions or RQF for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: