What Materials You Need to Know for Metal CNC Machined
Fasteners are actually a kinds of connectors, but because of the wide variety of applications, so the actual use of a single class, or it’s even referred to as standard parts. At present, the metal cnc machined parts of the market are mainly divided into carbon steel, stainless steel, brass and aluminum alloy in industries. Creatingway are able to provide all of these main metal CNC machined, secnodary finishing, related machined services, metal fabrication, casting, rapid prototype machining, vacuum casting and low-volume production services. We have been exported these metal components to all over the world from USA, EU, AU, Isreal etc.
Below are main material for metal cnc machined in industries.
According to the rating of carbon element, which is divided into low carbon steel, medium carbon steel and high carbon steel and alloy steel.
- The carbon content of low carbon steel is C% or less than 0.25%, which is commonly referred to as A3 steel in China.
- The carbon content of medium carbon steel is 0.25 or less than C% and 0.6%, which is commonly referred to as NO. 35 steel and No.45 steel in China.
- The carbon content of high carbon steel is C% more than 0.6%, which is not used in the market at present.
- Alloy steel which is the addition of alloy elements in ordinary carbon steel. Such as: 35,40 chromium molybdenum, SCM435/10B38 etc. To achieve the purpose of adding some special properties to the steel.
- Martensitic stainless steel: the typical martensitic stainless steel has 1Cr13-4Cr13 and 9Cr18 etc. 1Cr13, 2Cr13 steel are mainly used to make corrosion resistant structure. Such as: tubine blades; 3Cr13, 4Cr13 are mainly used for the production of surgical knives and wear parts for medical devices; 9Cr18 can be used for corrosion resistant bearing and knives.
- Ferritic stainless steel: The carbon content of ferritic stainless steel is generally 13%-30% and the carbon content is less than 0.25%. Sometimes other alloy elements are added, but the metallographic structure is mainly ferrite, which is not modified by heat treatment during heating and cooling. It’s mainly used to make some components with requiring high corrosion resistance and low strength, so it’s widely used in the production of equipment. Such as: Nitric acid, nitrogen fertilizer, etc
- Austenitic stainless steel The basic components of austenitic stainless steel are Cr18%,Ni8% steel. It’s characterized by less than 0.1% carbon content, using Cr, Ni to obtain single-phase austenite tissue. So this type of steel is used in the production of nitric acid, sulfuric acid and other chemical equipment components, and can be used as stainless steel spring and watch spring after deformation reinforcement.
In general, Common materials are: Brass and Zinc copper alloy. But the market mainly uses H62, H65, H68 cooper as metal cnc machined materials.
Aluminum alloy density is low, but the intensity is high and close to or more than high quality steel and plastic. It can be processed into various profiles, and with excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance, so it’s widely used on industry, and the usage is second only to the steel.
Creatingway also provide more the others metal material and plastic materials machining, welcome visit our material sheet guide for reference, and we are very welcome our customers to provide us the materials for production. We offers flexible services and support in here.
Creatingway is concentrate on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication and parts finishing services, provide you best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RQF for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: