Key Design Points Of The Hydraulic Valve Block Manufacturing
In the hydraulic press, the valve block plays a crucial role. It helps control the direction of the oil in the hydraulic press, to ensure normal operation. The production of valve blocks needs to be perfect to prevent any problems. Before making the final rigorous design, many designers go through the design countless times. Here is a summary of the design points of hydraulic valve block manufacturing.
How To Do Better Design For Your Hydraulic Valve Block
- The design may be according to the layout of the valve block in the system and the layout in the pipeline. We preliminarily determine the relative position of each external oil port on the valve block. Meanwhile, we determine the joint specifications according to the flow rate.
- The design may depend on the working principle of the valve group, system layout, the characteristics of the valve itself. The maintenance performance plays a role in the initial determination of the control valve in the valve block installation position.
- We design and repeatedly optimize the flow channel between each external interface and valve part. The optimization helps to ensure each flow channel follows the design principle to achieve correct and reasonable communication
- When designing the valve block, we consider the direction of the system and the operation space of the wrench. For similar positions, it is easy to wrongly connect oil mouth. We try to design or choose different sizes of pipe joints and rubber hoses to distinguish the oil mouths.
- Besides each oil port on the valve block, we need to leave an oil injection port mark (for example P, A, T, B, A1, A2, B1, B2, M1, M2), The oil port mark on the plate valve mounting surface is only seen in the drawing. We need to create the corresponding steel mark on the valve block beside the external oil port and pressure measuring port connecting to the rubber (steel) pipe. We also have to ensure that the label remains visible after the installation of the pipe joint (or flange). This condition is achievable by ensuring the distance of the steel mark from the edge of the corresponding oil port is greater than 7mm (it may be seen in the technical requirements).
What’s The Design Standard Of Hydraulic Valve?
- When designing the valve block on the external oil port, the pressure port depends on the connection size of the pipe joint, sunken hole diameter, depth, and thread depth. There needs to be an appropriate allowance, to avoid interference during installation.
- Reasonable selection of the structure of the control valve, while avoiding the valve block integration from becoming too high. We especially need to avoid integrating into the same valve block with too many threaded cartridge valves. Otherwise, it will make the valve block process hole double, causing oil twists and turns, high-pressure loss, while causing difficulties in processing, inspection, and troubleshooting. However, for functional correlation, we need to install the plate valve set in parallel with the oil line as far as possible to simplify the system pipeline.
- The mounting surface of the plate hydraulic control valve on the valve block needs a design that matches the size the manufacturer provides. Please refer to ISO 4401 Hydraulic Fluid power-four-port directional control Valves – Mounting surfaces or GB/T for details 2514. Hydraulic transmission four-port directional control valve mounting surface “.
- The threaded cartridge valve installation hole on the valve block needs a design that matches the size the manufacturer provides. Try to choose plug-ins with strong versatility and existing processing tools of other brands and models.
More Tips Of Design For Your Valve Block Manufacturing
- When designing the orifice of the valve block, we need to consider minimizing the flow resistance loss and facilitating processing. The recommended flow rate for general working pipelines is 8m/s, while for return pipelines, it is 4m/s.
- The hole depth value of the valve block refers to the depth we calculate from the view surface of the hole and includes the drill tip.
- In order to facilitate deburring and avoid pollutant deposition, the structure form of intersecting holes needs to be t-shaped. The hole depth of one hole is from the end face of the hole to the axis position of the connecting hole, and we don’t use the cross structure.
- Avoid the inclined hole. When the inclined hole is a must, the inclined angle of the hole must not exceed 35°, and the hole needs well sealing.
- In order to prevent the system from breaking down during use, the minimum wall thickness needs to be between two adjacent (intersecting or parallel) holes (including mounting threaded holes), with the valve block in the middle not being less than 4mm. However, the minimum wall thickness between the channels is not less than 3mm when the pressure of the channels is less than 6 or 3MPa due to the limitation of layout and structure.
What’s The Engineering Standard Of Valve Block?
- A bias may arise considering the oil hole on the integrated valve block is thin and long, the drilling process. The actual wall thickness needs to be appropriately larger based on calculation.
- To avoid damaging the drill bit, the drilling depth should not exceed 25 times the aperture.
- We need to block the process holes using detachable ways such as plugs and flanges. This helps to facilitate the cleaning and inspection of the holes. When the position is not available, you can plug the hole with less than OD12mm using a ball expansion plug. The installation size of the ball expansion plug must conform to the provisions of the JB/T 9157-1999 standard.
- The plug at the orifice of the valve block should not protrude from the surface of the installation surface.
- Valve block surface plating nickel, a nickel plating layer thickness 0, 008 ~ 0, 015mm.
- For the complex valve block that you can’t clearly represent through a sectional view of the intersection of internal holes, and the application of the hole table indicates the intersection of each hole to facilitate the inspection of the valve block. Meanwhile, we should make both working principle and three-dimensional axonometric diagram of the valve block to the engineering drawing together.
The above is a detailed introduction of the summary of the design points of the hydraulic valve block manufacturing. Hopefully, it will help you understand this design aspect.
Creatingway concentrates on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, providing you with the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome to visit us, For any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: