How to Make a better Hydraulic Valve Block and System
By causing power drop, high temperature, and abnormal sound, the air in the hydraulic system fails. A common question is how air gets into the hydraulic system in the first place. Some air, dust, and impurities find their way into the hydraulic system during the maintenance process. The air causes a decline in work efficiency and serious damage to the hydraulic parts. Here is how we can help you deal with it
What Is the Fault Phenomenon?
Air affects the working efficiency of the hydraulic system. It causes a slow speed response and unstable pressure that is sometimes weak or strong. This effect results in an uncoordinated action.
The hydraulic pumps, motor, control valves, and tubing may have noise, abnormal vibration, and sound. The high-pressure working areas end up being prone to damage. These areas include the plunger, oil suction port of the pump, and hydraulic pump cylinder. Small air bubbles in the hydraulic oil undergo compression, which burst and destroy the part’s surface. The effect is a decline in pressure and power. Air also causes the deterioration of hydraulic oil, resulting in an unusually hot hydraulic system.
What Are the Countermeasures?
One way of preventing this problem is to ensure the tank’s hydraulic oil level is higher than the return oil level. If the return oil level is higher than the hydraulic oil in the tank, then a lot of air mixture. The hydraulic oil in the tank thus needs to be higher than the lower cutting line. After replacing the hydraulic parts, we open the exhaust port of the components like the main hydraulic pump. Afterward, we pick an oil port to open at a high place and add the hydraulic oil.
We encourage regular inspection and cleaning of the breathing valve installed on the hydraulic tank cover. The cleaning ensures oil and dust don’t build up to block the oil channel of the breathing valve. Any form of blockage affects the air discharge of the hydraulic tank.
In summary, the proper response measure helps prevent the damage of the hydraulic system by air. Old excavators need replacing with an accessory device. Luckily, it is easy to disassemble and install hydraulic systems with air. Working with Creatingway ensures there’s no failure following exhaust work.
What Is the Principle of Hydraulic Valve Block?
The Hydraulic valve block is a regulatory element in the hydraulic system. It controls the pressure, flow, and direction of fluid flow. It thus needs a perfect design to meet the needs of various actuators. We can divide the hydraulic control valve on the basis of its role. The three categories include the direction control valve, flow control valve, and pressure control valve. We can also divide it based on the control mode. The categories are namely the ordinary hydraulic control valve, the servo control valve, and the proportional control valve.
Additionally, we can divide it based on the varying installation forms. The types include the tube type, plug-in type, and plate type. The two-way cartridge valve comprises four parts: the cartridge, pilot control valve, control cover, and integrated block.
- The Cartridge: aka the logging assembly. This part comprises four parts, namely the spool, spring, seal ring, and valve sleeve.
- The control cover plate: This part has micro-pilot control features like the throttle plug. We use it to fix the insert and ensure proper sealing. It also controls the connection between the control oil circuit and the logging control chamber.
- The pilot control valve: We install this part on the control cover plate. It is a control valve of more minor specs to implement the action control of the cutting insert. The greater the size of the cutting, the smaller the two-way cartridge valve for secondary control. As it conforms to ISO, we can interchangeably install the national standard size solenoid valve from both home and abroad sources.
What Is the Classification of Hydraulic Valve?
A hydraulic valve is an automatic part that works through the pressure oil of a pressure distribution valve. We can combine a pressure valve with an electromagnetic pressure distribution valve. The whole part can remotely control gas, oil, and water pipe systems in hydroelectric power stations. It finds use in clamping, controlling, and lubricating parts.
We can classify the hydraulic valve according to the method of control. It can thus be manual, electric, or hydraulic control. We can also group it according to the function. This includes the:
- Flow valve: throttle valve, shunt collecting valve, and speed regulating valve
- Pressure valve: reducing valve, relief valve, unloading valve, sequence valve
- Direction valve: electromagnetic valve, one-way valve, liquid control one-way valve, manual valve
Another way of classifying it is through the installation method. It includes the plate valve, superposition valve, cover valve, threaded cartridge valve, tube valve. The final mode of grouping is through the mode of operation. It includes the mobile valve, manual valve, electric valve, hydraulic valve, and electric hydraulic valve.
The Direction of Control of Hydraulic Valve Block
According to the direction of control, we can divide the hydraulic valve block into the one-way valve and the reversing valve.
- The one-way valve allows fluid flow in the pipeline in a one-way connection. It cuts off any reverse flow.
- Reversing the valve allows for the on and off change in flow between different pipelines. Depending on the number of controlled channels, we can divide it into two, three, four, or five. Depending on the spool drive separation, it can be motor, electric, or hydraulic. This design was the basis for electro-hydraulic proportional control valves back in the 1960s. The valves can function as pressure control valves, proportional flow control valves, and direction control valves.
The Pressure Control of the Hydraulic Valve Block
We can divide the pressure control into the reducing, relief, and sequence valve depending on the use.
The relief valve ensures the hydraulic system maintains a constant state when reaching the set pressure and helps in overload protection. When the system fails, the pressure may rise to a limit that causes damage to the system. The relief valve reacts by opening and allowing overflow to ensure the system’s safety.
Furthermore, the pressure reducing valve controls the branch circuit thus enabling you to get a lower stable pressure than in the primary circuit oil pressure. It may vary according to its pressure function. The different types include constant value reducing valve, consistent difference reducing valve, and constant ratio reducing valve.
The sequence valve helps make an executive element like the hydraulic cylinder and hydraulic motor.
Flow Control of Hydraulic Valve
We can adjust the flow rate in the hydraulic valve block by adjusting the orifice area between the valve body and valve core. We also need to change the local resistance it produces to control the movement speed of the actuator. There are five types of flow control valves depending on their use.
- The throttle valve: By adjusting the area of the throttle port, we can make the motion speed of the actuator vary with a change in load pressure. There is thus the low need for motion uniformity as it essentially remains stable.
- Speed regulating valve: When the load pressure varies, this valve allows us to maintain outlet and inlet pressure differences at a constant value. Therefore, after adjusting the throttle port area, the speed regulating valve maintains the flow through the throttle valve regardless of load pressure changes. The motion speed of the actuator ends up being stable.
- Shunt valve: regardless of the load size, we can make the same oil source of the two actuators to get an equal flow for the synchronous valve or identical shunt valve. The shunt valve thus achieves proportional flow distribution.
- Collector valve: It has an opposite effect of a shunt valve to ensure proportional flow into the collector valve.
- Shunt collecting valve: It serves both functions of the collecting valve and the shunt valve.
Why Does the General Valve Block Need a Mounting Surface?
The valve block usually comes with an installation/ mounting surface. In low installation surfaces, the four adjacent surfaces need placement at a high distance from the valve block’s placement. This feature enables the installation of joints or hydraulic valves.
In order to lower the pressure loss, the centerline of the jack needs to be tangent to the wall of the main stage hole. We also need to increase the diameter of the hole to conform to JB/T5963. The external oil opening of the main stage passage needs a connection to a flange (SAEJ518). For the pilot hole, a diameter of GB2878 is standard. Its thread connection to the external oil port valve blocks has to conform to the standard GB2878. The screw plug that blocks the process hole uses a screw thread that conforms to GB2878. Main stage holes and important pilot plots need to be set up to test the working parameters of the hydraulic circuit, with the test port getting a quick connection to the function of the joint.
How To Do The Hydraulic Valve Block Easy Working With Parts
Valve blocks need screw holes to facilitate lifting and handling. The machine, electricity, the liquid used in the electro-hydraulic servo control system, and the signal for instruction determine the design. You can compare the automatic control system in the servo controller to the actual location of the oil cylinder signal.
The feedback signal that the position sensor of the oil block sends usually changes until it is the same as the instruction signal. When the cylinder stops moving, it stops at the specified position and the transparent calm blade ends up stable at this opening. The linear motion of the cylinder transforms into a rotating motion of the valve plate. It achieves this motion via a set of cranks to change the working angle of the valve plate or static blade.
Based on the above analysis and the constant change of the system signal, the opening extent of the transparent calm blade changes constantly. The change in the opening extent of the blade helps control the revolution, turbine output, and gas flow.
Creatingway concentrates on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, providing you with the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome to visit us, For any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: