How Does The Filling Valve Work and Solve Its Malfunction?
A filling valve is a kind of workpiece that most people don’t know a lot about. The workpiece is currently in use in many industries in a variety of capacities. Some industries use it as a liquid storage container filling device.
How Does The Filling Valve Work?
- The front cavity of the main spool passes through the pressure oil cylinder. When the press drops rapidly, the fast drop and slow drop valves get electricity simultaneously. The turn slow oil return port is usually off. The control oil enters the back cavity of the control spool from the control oil port and pushes the control spool forward.
- When the press turns to slow speed, the fast drop valve loses power. Part of the control oil returns to the tank through the slow return port. A spring pushed back the control spool and the main spool. As the control spool retreats, the slow oil return port gradually closes. You should stop the action until you can control the outward and inward balance of the oil.
- When the flow area of the main spool decreases, the flow of the press back to the tank also decreases, and the press starts a slow decline. This action is similar to the principle of the fast-rising filling valve. When the fast-rising filling valve works, one control oil will enter the front cavity of the control spool through the oil drain port, forcing the control spool to return to its position and closing the main spool. We call this action interlocking.
How To Solve The Fault of The Filling Valve?
- If the gap at the flange is relatively small, the leakage is also less. You can directly install the special auxiliary joint of the bolt on the removed bolt, tighten the nut. Also, you can install the injection bolt or insert the copper wire or root into the gap of the flange to form a new sealing cavity before injecting the sealant into it.
- If the flange connection gap is relatively large, you will need to use a convex fixture in the middle of the two-flange bolt design injection hole and the position of the bolt staggered. The fixture helps to prevent the occurrence of media leakage. You can use compressed air to blow the leaking medium to the side.
- If the large diameter flange joint leaks, it is necessary to use the local pressure plugging method to fix it. Afterward, inject a sealant so as to eliminate the dynamic leakage point effectively.
How to Make The Filling Valve In Good Working Condition?
The filling valve, also known as the full oil valve, pre-punching valve, is one of the most common hydraulic parts in the hydraulic system. You can find them in some large hydraulic press, injection molding machines, rubber machines, shoe machines, edge press, static press brick machines, and other high-speed or high-pressure holding machinery. Today, CREATINGWAY will tell you how to keep the filling valve in excellent working condition and what are the common problems and failures?
How to make filling valve in good working condition
Everything has the concept of “state”. When people are in a good state at work, our working efficiency will be naturally high. Also, the machinery will be in the best state. Then when the valve is in use, how do you ensure the liquid filling valve is in the best working state.
The filling valve acts as a kind of liquid control check valve that ensures one direction stop flow and the opposite direction free flow. Hydraulic realization is possible through pilot action of the oil supply pressure control valve spool to directly open the main valve.
A filling valve is usually used as the suction and discharge valve between the hydraulic cylinder and the oil tank. In the fast progress of large press, we suck the oil from the oil cylinder to the oil tank. You need to ensure oil isn’t present between the oil cylinder and oil tank when pressurizing. We achieve this by discharging the oil from the oil cylinder to the oil tank when reversing. Flange-type liquid filling valve body volume is usually small to ensure proper flow and leakage.
We can determine the minimum hydraulic pressure ratio from the sum area ratio of the valve seat to the sum hydraulic pressure. On the return trip, we must first relieve the pressure for the opening or impact to form.
The filling valve is used in more than 100 tons of medium. The oil cylinder is larger in these presses, relying on oil supply alone, and the downward speed is usually slow. We, therefore, arrange an upper tank on the top of the press and install a liquid filling valve between the upper tank and the upper chamber of the cylinder.
On lowering the piston, the filling valve opens, and the oil from the upper tank directly pours into the upper chamber of the cylinder. When pressurizing, we use the oil pump. When the piston rises, the filling valve opens, and the oil in the upper chamber of the cylinder returns to the upper tank.
The traditional liquid filling valve SLG-24 acts as an intermediate oil suction and discharge valve. In the fast process of large presses, oil gets from the cylinder tank to avoid the cylinder flowing into the tank when pressurizing. The oil flows from the cylinder to the tank when reversing. The traditional liquid filling valve SLG-24 has exquisite processing, high precision, and outstanding pressure holding function.
Traditional filling valve with buffer core helps to reduce shock and vibration. The traditional liquid filling valve SLG-24 is widely seen in high-speed punch, press, injection molding machines, and other machines.
What Are The Common Faults of A Liquid Filling Valve?
When discharging oil quickly, there is a sizeable hydraulic impact force. Whether developing an ordinary or pioneering filling valve for the rapid discharge of oil, we must first remember to remove the pressure. Otherwise, it will produce a lot of hydraulic impacts. Whether you choose a conventional or pilot filling valve, you can consider adding a separate pressure relief device to the oil line to minimize hydraulic shock at the moment of rapid discharge.
When discharging oil quickly, there is a sound of high-speed liquid impact in the tank, and the oil temperature of the system rises fast. The thick rubber hose that connects the aluminum pipe clamp between the liquid filling valve and the tank may break. The resultant effect is a large amount of oil leakage.
This phenomenon may arise depending on the diameter of the liquid filling valve or the small flow area. We can take the following measures:
- Adjusting the auxiliary cylinder down the speed to between 30-40mm/s. However, it may decrease the efficiency of production.
- Purchasing a large-caliber filling valve to avoid this phenomenon.
- Reaching the specified pressure value when pressurizing.
Also, when using the filling valve, we must pay attention to its cleaning work. Cleaning helps to prolong its service life and avoid the reduction of production efficiency.
Creatingway concentrates on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, providing you with the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome to visit us, For any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: