What is Honing Finishing of CNC Machining Parts
A few days ago, we received one inquiry from Czech Republic. We need to do honing finishing process after anodizing to meet the final surface requirements.
But what’s honing finishing processing of cnc machining part; what’s the advantage and disadvantage? What its function and application in industry. Nowadays, we will mainly share some honing finishing process knowledges of CNC machining parts in here, including machining precision, surface quality, machining range, machining process, Strong ability to correct holes etc.
What is the honing finishing process?
Honing finishing process that using embedded the sharpening stone on surface of honing to workpiece surface of pressure. Both honing tools or workpieces need to rotated each other or axial linear reciprocating motion, in order to cutting minimum machining allowance on parts.
In general, the contact area between honing and hold surface is large and the machining efficiency also is higher than others. Sometime, the plane can also be machined under certain conditions. The size precision of the hole is IT7 ~ 4, Ra 0.32～0.04 after honing. This is very precision one thing for us. Honing accurate can make the hole tolerance is IT6-IT7 level, the surface polishing is Ra0.2-0.025um, Also, honing process can make hole shape tolerance under 0.005mm, but some of medium size of hole even less than 0.001mm etc.
What’s the advantage and disadvantage for honing finishing process?
- The honing finishing process is to make the surface of the parts to achieve high precision and surface quality as well as good life of a kind of highly efficient processing method, which can effectively improve the dimensional and shape accuracy, and reduce the RA value. But it can’t improve the location precision of the hole and other surfaces.
- It may machined cast iron, hardened and non-hardened steel and bronze parts, but it’s not suitable to machining non-ferrous metal parts with large toughness.
- It’s suitable for the holes machining. It’s guided by the center of the original machining hole when honing processing. The range of machining aperture is φ5～ φ500, depth up to 10.
- It’s widely applied for machining cylinder bore, cylinder barrel, valve hole and various gun barrel in mass production. At the same time, we also will use it for some of small batch of production.
- Honing process of cutting allowance is very small,
- It is one very good machining mothed to correct hole accurate like hole size, hole inside polishing, out-of-round, taper and hole deviation etc.
Certainly, it also has one certain short slab on the honing process, the concentricity can’t be determined.
- Compared with common grinding, honing can reduce manual labor, improve the productivity and easy automation etc.
At present, the honing finishing process has been gradually recognized and used in our machinery industry. More and more high standard surface of products asked to do this finishing, the surface tolerance under +/-0.001 even more +/-0.0005mm, We have been made much more, it will complete to the bright finish, very beautiful,
Which parts in industry we will use honing finishing process?
Till now, most of honing finishing process have been used in our automotive, drive system, piston, Valve and more precision parts. When you need high precision surface transmission, we will have to consider the honing finishing process, if you will have any needs on your products, welcome inquire us right now. Our team will response you in 8 hours.
Creatingway is concentrate on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication and parts finishing services, provide you best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: