How to Compare the Chemical Plating and Electroplating Process
Electroplating process and chemical plating process are two different methods of surface treatment for metal parts. Its main advantages: They can enhance the corrosion resistance of metal parts and increase the hardness, prevent wear and make the part looks more smoothly and perfectly.
What is Electroplating process of metal parts?
Electroplating process is using the principle of electrolytic plating on some metal surfaces plating a thin layer of other metal or alloy plating process, which is the use of electrolytic action make metal or other parts surface adhered a layer of metal film technique to prevent metal oxidation or rust, thus to improve the wear, resistance and electric conductivity, reflective resistance, corrosion resistance and copper sulfate etc.
What is chemical plating of metal parts?
Chemical plating is a new kind of metal surface treatment technology, which has attracted more and more attention due to its simplicity, energy saving and environmental protection. Its main advantages: the use of chemical plating is very wide, and the plating is even and decorative. And in term of protection performance aspects, it can improve the corrosion resistance and service life; in term of the functional aspects, it can improve the wear-resisting conductivity, lubrication performance and other special functions.
What’s the difference between the chemical plating and electroplating process?
- The difference between electroplating and chemical plating is that electroplating requires additional electric current and anodes, while chemical plating is dependent on the autocatalytic reaction occurring on the metal surface.
- Chemical nickel plating layer is extremely uniform, only need the plating solution can be soaked and the solute exchange is sufficient, the coating will be very uniform and almost can achieve the effect of imitation.
- Electroplating can’t be applied to the full surface of some complex parts, but chemical plating is plated for any shapes.
- Electroplating is much faster than chemical plating because of the added electric current, plating on the same thickness is done in advance.
- The bonding force of chemical coating is generally higher than electroplating
- Chemical plating is more environmentally friendly than electroplating.
- Chemical plating on the market is only one color of pure nickel phosphorus alloy, but electroplating can achieve a lot of colors.
- Chemical nickel plating technology is a method to obtain the coating on the surface of the material by using metal salt and reducing agent. So far, chemical nickel plating is one of the fastest growing surface treatment processes in foreign countries and has the widest application range.
Creatingway will share more these technical information to our global customers, and contiouns work with our customers to improve and enhance ourselves in technical, engineering, quality standard and managment system as well as after sales services.
Creatingway is concentrate on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication and parts finishing services, provide you best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: