How To Reduce the Damage of Custom Metal Fabrication Manufacturing
Custom Metal fabrication maufacturing is a process that use punch and die to deform or break the stainless steel, iron, aluminum, copper, etc., to achieve a certain shape and size. In the process of production, it is easy to be damaged by the reason of service life, physical design, wire cutting process, punching equipment, stamping materials, etc. Then, what can we do to avoid or reduce the damage of hardware stamping parts in the production? Today, Creatingway will take this blog to take more knowledget to you.
How to prevent the damage of Custom metal Fabrication manufacturing?
As a professional metal machining company, Creatingway meet different custom metal fabrication manufacturing problems from customer and well solved it. Creatingway team takes professional technologies from design, manufacturing, production to prevent, from prototype, low-volume production to final production to control.
From design point :
One of our Irseal customer asked to build one electrioncl enclosed, the side has one USB pocket with three screw hole, the distance of pocket is 1mm, the USB pocket size is 60*40mm, Obviously, the hole distance is too closed inside, when we will bending this side, the side is very easy to deformation, and the hole location will be incrrect accordingly, so our engineering have to feedback this issue to customers for modify, make the side distance is 2.5mm, Even so, Creatingway provided the best solution in production to solve this issue.
From manufacturing process point:
- The most improtant point we need to reasonably design unfold drawing in order to make better forming and bending process.
- Reasonable tolerance in folding, tolerance in coating. But if this is power coating, then the surface tolerance must be negative tolerance, and hole must be positive tolerance
- For the burrs, like plate, box we have conside the machining burrs direction.
- For coating thickness, we must to consider the power coating thickness, usually, we need to make hole bigger 0.1-0.2mm if we will make painting, and we need to make the hole bigger 0.2-0.3mm if we will make power costing etc.
- If this is nonsymmetrical bending, we have to remark it in the drawing to aviod any confused. And for some of precision sheet parts, we also suggest to do folding drawing, and the drawing is different to our current drawing.
The damage of custom metal fabrication manufacturing can be prevented from the beginning of design.
- The design of the stamping parts must meet the target of simple shape and reasonable structure, which can be used to simplify the mold structure and simplify the working process. Complete with the minimum and simplest stamping process, avoid any other process to improve production efficiency effectively.
- The design of stamping parts must improve the utilization of metal materials and reduce the consumption of materials as much as possible. In the case of permission, make the parts free of waste or no waste to save cost and ensure the stability of product quality.
Creatingway is concentrate on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication and parts finishing services, provide you best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RQF for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: