How To Reduce the Damage of Custom Metal Fabrication Manufacturing
Custom Metal fabrication manufacturing is a process that uses a punch and dies to deform or break the stainless steel, iron, aluminum, copper, etc., to achieve a certain shape and size. In the process of production, it is easy to be damaged by the reason of service life, physical design, wire cutting process, punching equipment, stamping materials, etc. Then, what can we do to avoid or reduce the damage of hardware stamping parts in the production? Today, Creatingway will take this blog to take more knowledge to you.
How to Prevent The Damage of Custom Metal Fabrication Manufacturing?
As a professional metal machining company, Creatingway meets different custom metal fabrication manufacturing problems from customers and well solved it. Creatingway team takes professional technologies from design, manufacturing, production to prevent, from the prototype, low-volume production to final production to control.
From the design point :
One of our Irseal customers asked to build one electrical enclosed, the side has one USB pocket with three screw hole, the distance of pocket is 1mm, the USB pocket size is 60*40mm, Obviously, the whole distance is too closed inside, when we will bending this side, the side is very easy to deformation, and the hole location will be incorrect accordingly, so our engineering has to feedback this issue to customers for modifying, make the side distance is 2.5mm, Even so, Creatingway provided the best solution in production to solve this issue.
From the manufacturing process point:
- The most important point we need to reasonably design unfold drawing in order to make a better forming and bending process.
- Reasonable tolerance in folding, tolerance in the coating. But if this is power coating, then the surface tolerance must be negative tolerance, and the hole must be positive tolerance
- For the burrs, like a plate, the box we have considered the machining burrs direction.
- For coating thickness, we must consider the power coating thickness, usually, we need to make a hole bigger 0.1-0.2mm if we will make a painting, and we need to make the hole bigger 0.2-0.3mm if we will make power costing, etc.
- If this is nonsymmetrical bending, we have to remark it in the drawing to avoid any confusion. And for some of the precision sheet parts, we also suggest to do a folding drawing, and the drawing is different from our current drawing.
The damage of custom metal fabrication manufacturing can be prevented from the beginning of the design.
- The design of the stamping parts must meet the target of simple shape and reasonable structure, which can be used to simplify the mold structure and simplify the working process. Complete with the minimum and simplest stamping process, avoid any other process to improve production efficiency effectively.
- The design of stamping parts must improve the utilization of metal materials and reduce the consumption of materials as much as possible. In the case of permission, make the parts free of waste or no waste to save cost and ensure the stability of product quality.
Creatingway is concentrated on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, provide you the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: