How To Joint Metal Parts to CNC Metal Components
With the development of CNC machining, we can do more things and design more different parts by it. But when we design a new product, we have to make a deep study on the assembly. No matter what big thing you design or the small thing you design, obviously, assembly is always a challenge. And the most common material we use in CNC machining is metal, but also we can provide CNC machining in plastic material services. How to assemble and joint metal parts to CNC metal components together during production? We have to make a consideration of it before further assemble. Currently, what we usually do is welding or fasteners., Today, As one professional CNC machining manufacturer, Creatingway will take this blog to share with you.
Two Main Joints Both Welding And Fasteners For CNC Metal Components
Jointing CNC metal components by the welding process
Welding is a very common technique for joining metal parts to CNC metal components. It is widely used in our products in different industries. There are many types of welding, such as oxy welding, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and so on. No matter what type of welding you use, there are still some disadvantages.
- The welding needs special people who are trained with a certain certification. So the labor cost is very high.
- After welding, it is the inspection. Then it needs the inspector to check the quality of the welding. That is to say, it needs more labors to complete the whole welding process.
- Even inspection is a key step in the welding, still some damage and potentially flawed joints that are difficult to be checked out.
- Also, the welding will be affected by temperature. Rapid heating and cooling will make the problem, such as warping or discoloration.
Jointing CNC metal components by fasteners
Fasteners are also a very common technique for jointing. Especially for some DIY amateurs, they design a product they need and make them out by CNC machine, then joint them together by fasteners. It is very convenient both for production in manufacture and household. But it has its own disadvantage too.
- As we know, we always use nuts, bolts, and screws as fasteners that are removable. So after using for a long time, they could be prone to loosen.
- Besides, after application in a high stress, they may need some other additional hardware.
- It needs a precisely positioned hole.
Therefore, is there any other way to avoid the disadvantage of welding and fasteners? We heard the good news that there is a glue that can be instead of welding and fasteners. But now it is just in a test period. We hope in the near future, there will be a cheaper way to joint metal and metal, but much stronger than welding and fasteners.
Creatingway is concentrated on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication, and parts finishing services, provide you the best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RFQ for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or send an inquiry to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: