Alodine Surface Finishing for CNC Machining Parts
Before we have received a lots of enquiries from Israel customers for different ideas and inventions of the parts. But they have a common feature: these products need to be Alodine surface treatment. Whether you have encountered this similar customers or not at recently. What’s Alodine surface finishing for CNC machining parts. Why do they need to use Alodine surface finishing, what’s its purpose and functions.
Good surface finishing is crucial to the external parts. We may encountered many different surface treatment methods for CNC Machining parts in the previous production process. Such as: Anodizing, Plating, Painting, Coating etc. Today, we will share: Alodine surface finishing for CNC machining parts.
What’s Alodine Surface Finishing for CNC machining parts?
Alodine anodizing is a kinds of aluminum alloy surface treatment, which is mainly used to improve the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy structure and the adhesion ability of the primer. It is a commodity name for surface treatment of aluminum alloy, and can be reacted on the surface of aluminum alloy, producing a thin 0.5-4 micron anodizing film. The electrochemical reaction of chromate is the principle of the Alodine anodizing. Its main composed of chromic anhydride, tetrafluoroborate, sodium fluoride and other substances in a certain proportion.
What’s the main characteristics of the Alodine surface finishing ?
- Producing a thinner (0.5-4 microns) anodizing film.
It is soft &porous and have good adsorption properties. And it will not affect the mechanical properties of the material, not affecting the parts size. It usually call as the bottom layer of paint or other coatings.
- Operation time is short, minutes to an hour. No power consumption, simple equipment, low costs.
- Alodine anodizing has a certain conductivity.
- Alodine process is mainly carried out at room temperature, low energy consumption and less pollution.
- Alodine solution is steady, long and easy to maintain, suitable for a larger-scale continuous production.
- Alodine solution s toxic, can’t be contacted with human body, can’t be disposed at will. Must be fully diluted and scrapped.
- Aluminum is flammable, it should be stayed away from the source of fire. Using the fabric of the alodine solution also need to be insulated and avoid fire.
Why do they need to use Alodine surface finishing for CNC Machining parts?
- Improve the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy surface
- Improve the adhesion of primer
- It can be used as a coating to change conductivity.
In general, we common use Alodine surface finishing has the following several forms:
- Alodine 600 Power. It is mainly used for the surface of fuel tank structure with flame resistant paint ( BMS10-20). At the same time, it is recommended for producing the anodizing film with low resistivity. Main color: Yellow color.
- Alodine 1000 Concentrate. It is mainly used for the aluminum structure that doesn’t need spray painting. Main color: colorless.
- Alodine1200/1200S Powder. It is most commonly used for cutting or repairing the repair parts. which has very good corrosion resistance, can provide better adhesion performance. Main color: Light gold or Tan color.
- Alodine 1500 Power. Main color: colorless.
Creatingway is concentrate on CNC machining manufacturing, prototype machining, low-volume manufacturing, metal fabrication and parts finishing services, provide you best support and services. ask us one inquire now.
Any questions or RQF for metal& plastic technology and custom machining, welcome to contact us below
Call +86-0(755)-89492523 or Send an inquire to us
Welcome visit us, any metal and plastic design and machining questions, we are here to support you. Our services email address: